Sunday 20 January 2013

A glimpse of Easy Street

 Here is a photo of the lovely canvas work picture that my Mum made for me for my 50th birthday.  The colours are much richer in real life.  I had no idea that she was making this and I really love it.
 I have finished the blocks for my Easy Street quilt.  I laid them out today to pin them for stitching together.  I'm glad I decided to do the 9 blocks instead of 16.  If I add a border I will still want to be able to quilt it myself.  I like how the top is looking so far, I need to start looking in my stash for a suitable border fabric. I was disappointed I missed the deadline for the last link up on Bonnies blog, there are some really gorgeous versions on the link up.click here to see the link ups for Easy Street.

  I'm back at work now, those 3 weeks flew by way too fast. 

I realised that it is over a year since I've done any machine quilting, mainly because I have a quilt basted that I just couldn't figure out how I wanted to quilt it.  I seem to have a lot of projects that come to a halt when I get stuck.  I'm hoping this year I might get a few of these projects finished.  I was disappointed that I didn't finish my Jubilee quilt in time for my birthday.  That is another quilt that came to a halt cause I couldn't decide on the applique borders.  I'm tempted to forget about the applique and do a pieced border.  My main problem is that although I can envision what I want to draw I have no artistic ability.  I've spent many hours trying to draw the shapes I want and searching the web for help.  I think it is time to admit defeat and give up on cats and dogs frolicking through a vine and just have a vine and a flower or two.  Time to get on with it!
I haven't been able to lay out my Scrappy Trip around the World blocks for a while, my design wall has size limitations.  Here it is on a queen size bed, I think I need 13 more blocks to finish it.  I pinned a whole heap of them together last night so I'll be able to keep working on these too.

Till next time,

Happy Stitching


Debra.x

3 comments:

  1. Your Easy Street is wonderful ... love the orange twist. Your Scrappy Trip is looking good. Both of these are on "My List" ... :)Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debra, it all looks wonderful. I think you are right 2013 is the year to get a few things over the blockages. You have great talent let it shine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay......verification is off......so much easier to chat.

    ReplyDelete