Thursday 19 April 2012

Still Playing

Hi there,

I went to the Australian Quilt Convention with Tracey on Sunday.
We had a fun day its always a lovely day out and our autumn weather these last couple of weeks has been amazing I think it got to 30 degrees on Sunday!


The photo above is the latest block design I've been playing around with.  I really like this one.  I bought a Jo Morton book called Coming Home from The Quilted Crow at the Quilt Convention.  Its a really good book with lots of nice photos and lovely quilt projects to make.  One of the quilts in the book is called Somerset and it had this block done in browns and reds with cheddar alternate blocks.  It looks fabulous in the book and I'm trying to figure out if I did alternate blocks what colour I'd use.  What colour would you use?

Dougal came into my sewing room for a snooze, not one of his usual sleeping spots so I was very honoured.




I did my best to support some of the quilting shops that came to the convention.  If I could I would support them all of course.  I got a variety of fabrics as you can see.  I hadn't really planned on buying much fabric and definitely not the bright novelties but when I saw the cats I knew they had to come home with me and the elephants and the owls.....


I decided to cut more triangles with my Baby Go Cutter, I think I might have got carried away I haven't counted them but I have a very big pile.  When I stitch them together I might actually make some blocks!

Happy Stitching

Debra.

No comments:

Post a Comment