Wednesday 15 February 2012

New project/old project.

 Hi there,  to start with a photo of my valentines picture which fits in nicely with my other bits and pieces.
 Above is a photo of a PieceO'Cake project that I started at least 6 years ago.  The book was called Flowering Favourites and the quilt was called Flowering Vines. I'm going to try to finish this as my next applique project.  I've done all the blocks with the single flowers I just need to applique the four vine and flower panels.  I used a basting the pieces from behind method of applique which did turn out to be very time consuming.  At least the pieces are all in place ready to stitched down.
I have joined in the Jubilee quilt project, cause I really need another project to start!!  Barb of Fun with Barb blog and Lori of Humble Quilts are co-hosting the blog dedicated to those making a Jubilee quilt to celebrate their 50th Birthdays this year or in my case next year.  I thought I needed a head start.  We get to choose a quilt or come up with a design of one and show out progress on the blog The Jubilee Quilt Project.  It should be lots of fun.

I had lots of ideas of quilts I'd like to make specially for myself.  I could very easily spend the whole year trying to decide.  However I did decide that I wouldn't dither too long and I had a couple of my quilting friends over last night and they helped me come to a decision.

The string pieced star above is what we came up with on the fabulous grey and black polka dot fabric.  I'm aiming to make some of those stars using the template I got a couple of weeks ago from Somerset Patchwork in Mt. Waverley.  Then I would like to do an applique border to finish it off.  I'm thinking vines with flowers leaves birds cats, dogs etc.  At least thats the plan at the moment.....

Wish me luck

Debra.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you went with this one! The colours really pop on that fabric. This is all so very inspiring.
    Love the flowers too.......very exciting to see projects coming along.

    ReplyDelete